Sometimes all that is needed to get on the right path is a little motivation. We may have a hard time providing this for ourselves sometimes but we can also motivate or be motivated by others. Here is a card created to spark a little motivation.
It all started with this sketch of a tortoise completing a race. To translate this message onto a greeting card, I copied the doodle onto 100lb Bristol paper. This was done using a lightbox as seen below and set of Micron markers.
With my Spectrum Noir Essentials set of markers, I colored in the illustration, then cut out the space around the tortoise and background.
After the cutting was complete, a black sharpie was used for bordering to assure a neater and more cohesive look.
A background was chosen and this illustration became part of a dimensional greeting card fit to spread a little motivation to anyone.
- 100 lb Bristol paper by Strathmore
- Precut, prescored card in white
- HB sketching pencil
- Illustrator Spectrum Noir Essentials set
- Clear 3M dimensional tape
- Micron Markers in .005, 1, 2, and 3
- Exacto knife
- Black sharpie
- Word stickers from my stash
- Small piece of vellum from my stash
- Patterned cardstock from my stash
Thank you for visiting!