GREETINGS FROM CityGal Papeterie!!
In continuing with this month’s friendship theme, I have created a three card with one 6×6 sheet combo.
Using one 6×6″ resist paper sheet I made three friendship themed cards.
I have wanted to play with my Recollections watercolor crayons for a while and decided to pull them out from the depths and use them. These are very similar to Faber Castell Gelatos if you are familiar with those. They are not as smooth but still vibrant and spread well.
- Recollections Watercolor Crayons
- Recollections resist paper pad in Color Splash
- Michael’s Sequin trim
- Ribbons House coral thin ribbon
- Harvest Company Fuschia sheer ribbon
- Pink with white polka-dots designer paper from my stash
- Off white heavy cardstock scrap
- Foam Tape
- Versamark ink pad
- Recollections Pesto and Party Pink embossing powder
- Papermate Flair marker pen Orchid Lei
- Wooden Rubber Quote Stamp by Serendipity stamps
- Acrylic watercolor brushes (#10)
- Pre-cut and scored cardstock in Pink, yellow and green
- Spray bottle with water
- Large Non-Stick Westcott scissors
- Scallop Oval die
- Fiskars triple blade paper trimmer
After choosing a paper design, I prepped the sheet with some water using a watercolor brush. Using the Recollections watercolor crayons, I scribbled various colors wherever I wanted it to be. With my finger dipped in water I spread the colors in sections for each tone.
The great thing about watercolor crayons is that you can go back and add more color to intensify the pattern.
I then drafted 3 card patterns and put together my card designs using pre-cut and scored A2 size cards, parts of the resist paper and other ribbon and paper embellishments.
For the sentiment I used an old wooden rubber quote stamp. I created three diecut scalloped ovals with embossed lettering and added a few sequins as a final touch.
And the song from beginning to end, I found in the heart of a friend.
Please comment below if you have any questions, or have made your own version of this project.
Thank you for visiting!