I wanted to share a quick post on a card I made for coworker’s niece. It is her 16th birthday and I tried to create a card in a style she could appreciate. I did not take photos of my supplies, SORRY! But I will still list them all below. I hope this card inspires you!
- Precut and folded card base in pink from my stash
- Watercolor cardstock from my stash
- Recollections 6×6 Christmas Pastel paper pack with treatments
- Recollections Boho Shimmer mist in pink, blue and purple
- Van Gogh watercolor palette with brush
- Tombow MonoMulti glue
- White Marvy gel pen
- Papermate Flair Tropical Vacation pen in Surf’s up
- Wink of Stella clear glitter brush
- Purple and fuchsia sticker gems from my stash
- Foam squares
- Tsukineko VersaFine Pigment ink in Onyx Black
- Happy Birthday to You Sizzix Stamp and Framelits Die Set
- Large non-stick Westcotts scissors
- Small Martha Stewart Detail scissors
- Hampton Art Stamp perfect
- Craft tweezers
I knew that I wanted to use the stamps from the Sizzix birthday set but I will be honest, it took me a while to put this card together. I had what I can only call card-makers block. I could not decide how I would layout this card.
I began by spritzing watercolor paint and shimmer mists onto watercolor cardstock. After reaching a pretty background I laid on my cardstock and using me new Stamp Perfect (I LOVE THIS THING!) stamped all the images I planned to use right on the painted background. Using my detail scissors, I fussy-cut the images out. Once I FINALLY chose my mat paper I played around with the layout until I found something I was happy with. The final touches were dots on the hat and banner, accents with the white gel pen and gem stickers scattered about the mat and images.
Although it took me a long time to get my final draft complete with this project, I am very happy with the results. Let me know what ya think!
Hope this sparked some CARDspiration. and thank you for visiting!