Hello again crafty friends!
I have for you today an urban inspired card that reps my home of NYC.
I was born and raised in New York City, mostly in the Bronx and I want to share with you all through featured projects what that means to me. I love my home and growing up here and all the things that have come with that. This card is very special to me and I tried to translate in it some of the daily visions of this city, the bricks of this concrete jungle and the writings on the wall – I hate the word graffiti! It has many negative connotations and while “tagging” is not always pretty (or legal!), some of it is IMO quite creative and beautiful.
Here is my version of tagging on a brick wall, a video of the full creative process is available on my YouTube channel. You’ll find all supplies and measurements below.
**THIS CARD AVAILABLE IN THE CITYGAL ETSY SHOP
- Black cardstock base by Recollections (8 1/2 x 5 1/2″, scored and folded at 4 1/4″)
- White cardstock insert by Recollections (4 1/8 x 5 1/4″)
- Cream Cardstock (4 x 5 3/8″, x2)
- Denril Multi-Media Vellum (9 x 3″)
- SPECTRUM noir Illustrator Markers in Ultramarine (TB6), Magenta (MG5), Lipstick (CR10)
- Micron Markers #03
- Marvy Matchables ink pad in #6 Brown
- Marvy White gel pen 1.0
- Hago Drawing Pencil F
- Fiskars Paper trimmer
- Darice Brick pattern embossing folder
- EK Success precision cut scissors
- Xyron 1.5″ Creat-a-sticker
- Elmers Craftbond
- Foam tape by Craft Specialties
Not just because sketching is something I thoroughly enjoy, but this card was fun to create and holds a special place in my heart.
Thank you so much for being part of this journey with me. I hope this post sparked some creativity!
Until next time XoXo