It is little Friday y’all! Hope every one of you has amazing things going on.
This is the intro to the first throwback Thursday series. For this card I wanted to create a birthday card with an 80s twist.
**THIS CARD IS AVAILABLE ON THE ETSY SHOP
I’ll be totally honest, initially I had a hard time coming up with a good idea for this card. I first tried to make a card that looked like the Lite Brite (REMEMBER THOSE??!!) I might still try this for a future project. I thought about all the Saturday morning cartoons I used to watch and my comic book phase and this is what I came up with. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
Other than it being an 80s themed card, I love that the amount of supplies needed for this are minimal. Although in all truthfulness this card was a lot of work as you can see in the video (available on YouTube)
- White Cardstock by Recollections (5 1/2 x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″) (5 1/4 x 4″) (5 1/2 x 4 1/4″) (1 sheet for printing letters)
- Brilliant Brush Washable Markers from TJMaxx (Red, Yellow, Blue, Green)
- PIGMA Micron archival marker #01
- Fiskars paper Trimmer
- Westcott nonstick KleenEarth Scissors
- EK Success precision scissors
- Tombow Aqua Mono liquid glue
- Foam tape
- HB pencil
What kinds of things remind you of your childhood?
Have a great weekend (AND EASTER!!)
Until next time XoXo!