Hi crafty friends!
This post is so late! I apologize, I have been prepping for an upcoming trip and there has been an immense amount of extra work!
And I still have a lot left to do so this will be short and sweet 😉
For this viewer’s choice card I made a pop-up rainbow greeting card. It was quite the challenge seeing as I had never used the pop-up die cut kit (despite the fact that I have had it for like a year, ha!) I had a vision and I have to say that the outcome was very close to it.
For the background I used mostly patterned paper. With the exception of the clouds which I created using a blending tool and a DIY stencil. For the sentiment I found in my stash this perfect quote. I thought it worked out perfectly.
For the rainbow I cur out several patterned papers into nested circles and cut that in half. I used one half on the inside and the other on the outside.
For the outside of the card you can see the other rainbow half. I also used what I had left of the yellow and white polka dot patterned paper to cut out sunrays to put behind the rainbow which also resembles a sun.
I wish I had a bit more experience with the pop-up die kit. This card may have been a bit easier to create. I enjoyed making it either way! And it sure makes me smile. I hope it brings a smile to your face too!
- Precut folded blank patterned A2 card – Recollections
- Patterned paper – Recollections, Simple Stories (vintage bliss), American Crafts (Amy Tangerine), Prima (Hello Pastel)
- White cardstock – Recollections
- Versamagic Archival multi-surface Chalk ink (SeaBreeze)
- Clover Andabee Adhesive Quotations (Beauty)
- Fiskars paper trimmer
- EK tools precision scissors
- Westcott nonstick scissors
- Sizzix Circle framelits
- Stampendous Fran’s Make it pop cutting dies
- EK Success hole punch 1 1/18″
- Tombow glue
- Foam tape
- Inksentials blending tool