Hello my crafty friends!!
I am excited to share this card with you all. It is a Dino themed birthday card that I created for my son’s 5th birthday. There is a coordinating process video on YouTube.
The card base I used is 6 x 6 inches and the inner frame measures 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches. The window was cut out with a rectangular die measuring 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches.
To create this card I used the following supplies:
- White 6 x 6 inch precut and folded card base with envelope: My stash
- Green cardstock: My stash
- Rectangle die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Card creator dies Matting basics
- Kraft cardstock: COLORBÖK Neutral
- Green textured foam sheet: My stash
- Cloud dies: WhiteLotus
- Grass border die: Anna Griffin Paisley pattern folders and dies
- Birthday sentiment stamps: Letterit Clear stamps by Ranger
- Jolee’s Boutique 3d dinosaur stickers
- Washi tape: My stash
- ScorTape: My stash
- Non-stick scissors: Westcott
- Fiskars paper trimmer
- 2″ hole punch: My stash
- Foam tape: My stash
- Tape runner: Xyron
- Walnut Stain Distress ink
- Ink blending tool and foam pad
- Pencil: My stash
- Aleene’s Tacky glue
- JudiKin’s embossable acetate
- Stamp Perfect tool by Hampton Art
To create the window background, I used a piece of pattern paper large enough to cover the window frame and adhered it to the card base. For the small trees I cut a piece of scrap corrugated cardboard and topped it with some of the plant stickers in the sticker set. For the large trees I hand cut trunks and used a 2″ hole punch to cut out the leaves. I used wet glue to hold the leaves in place at the top of the tree trunk. Using the border dies, I made grass from the textured foam sheet. Then I added a 3D dino sticker. Finally, I used the cloud dies to add clouds to my sky using tape and foam tape for dimension.
For my window frame I used a rectangle die to cut out the window and a sheet of acetate to cover the opening. I used foam tape to adhere my window to the base over the background below. I then added a strip of grass cut out with the grass border die and finally I added more 3D dino and plant stickers.
As the sentiment, I stamped “Happy Birthday” onto green cardstock and trimmed it then cut out a fishtail and adhered it to the top of the card above my window scene.
To finish off the card I added another sentiment on the inside of the card onto a piece of green cardstock. I initially tried to stamp directly onto the card base but as y ou can see in the video, that did not work out so well! I also added a couple of 3D Dino stickers on the inside and a 3D plant.
I hope you like this card and tutorial. Please visit my YouTube process video for more details on making this card.
Until next time!!! XoXo