Hello crafty friends!
What a beautiful weekend we just had! Now back to the grind….
For this Margarita Monday I wanted to repurpose scraps by creating handmade embellishments for card making and other crafts.
A video tutorial for this project is available on YouTube.
There is no specific way of creating these. They are really just playing with paper by cutting strips and using hole punches with different shapes. You can also use stickers, stamps, enamel dots, ribbon and just about anything you already have on hand to mash together little paper embellishments for your projects.
Below are some handmade cards I created using the embellishments that I made above. I added doilies, sequins and washi tape on precut and folded card bases.
SUPPLIES: This was tricky because I used mostly random older pieces from my stash that are no longer packaged and I cannot recall what they are from…I will do my best here!
- Variety of scrap paper from my stash
- Doilies – my stash
- Precut and folded blank cards – Recollections
- Hole Punches – mostly Martha Stewart, some from EK Success
- Sequins – Darice Cream Sequins
- Washi – Recollections
- Tombow glue and Elmer’s craft bond
- Foam tape
- Enamel dots – my stash
- Small rotary sentiments stamps – Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy
- EK Success precision scissors
- Westcott nonstick KleenEarth Scissors
These kind of embellishments are always fun to make and really help to lower my scrap paper supply. What do you do with your scraps?
Until next time XoXo!